Our products are made of Sterling Silver and require simple steps to keep them looking their best.
Wearing Your Locket
- Apply beauty products such as perfume, hairspray or deodorant before wearing your jewelry. These products contain chemicals that can damage the finish.
- Always remove your jewelry before showering, swimming, bathing, doing household chores or using abrasive cleaners. Again, chemicals that can damage the finish.
- Do not wear your locket to bed. Over time, your natural body oils will tarnish the finish. And our chains, while quite durable, are not intended to be worn overnight.
- Make sure your jewelry is completely dry before storing.
- Always store each piece separately in an airtight pouch away from sunlight and heat.
Cleaning Silver and Gold Vermeil
- Your locket came in a With You pouch – use it to polish your piece before and after wearing it. A little rub each time will keep it looking its best.
- If your jewelry requires further cleaning, use a mild soap, water and a soft cloth. Always remove your photograph before washing.
- A toothbrush will help get into the intricate patterns. Rinse with clean water and pat dry. We do not recommend using jewelry washes as they often contain harsh chemicals.
- With You offers a fantastic cleaning and polishing cloth that will rub out tarnish if there is build up.
Cleaning Cultured Freshwater Pearls
- Cultured freshwater pearls can only be cleaned with a soft brush or a cloth. Do not soak them in water or detergent.
- Do not use the cleaning cloth on our pearl products.
Long Term Care
- We recommend having your jewelry inspected once a year by a goldsmith. Specifically, ask to have the clasps, mounts and soldering checked to keep your locket secure.